Bank News Releases
stimulus check information as of January 2, 2021
When will I receive my Stimulus Check?
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of payments.
- Payments will be distributed starting on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Payments will be deposited for most using the bank account used to receive a tax refund or Social Security payment.
- If no bank account is available to the IRS, a paper check will be sent to the address the IRS has on file for that individual.
- Understand that the bank cannot speed up your payment and that the bank will post the payment as soon as it arrives.
- The best place for information on the sitmulus check is on the IRS website. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
covid-19 response / Branch Lobbies Closed
To protect the wellness of our staff and their families, our customers, and the citizens of the communities we serve, UNION Savings BANK is temporarily closing the lobbies at their Freeport Main, Freeport South Street, Mount Morris, Rockford, and Belvidere locations. The Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) is present in Illinois, and we believe it is vital to follow the guidance of health officials and act now to help stop the spread of the disease.
For these reasons, the following measures were put into place on Monday, March 16, 2020:
- Branch lobbies are closed to outside visitors but appointments are available.
- All drive-ups at each of our five branches are OPEN regular hours. Branch hours are available on our website (Locations and Hours), Google Maps, and Apple Maps.
- Services that are usually done in person, like a notary or an official check, can be done through our drive up.
- All departments at UNION Savings BANK have team members available to help you with your banking needs. This includes mortgage loan officers, loan processors, customer service, and our investment and trust team.
- Inside our offices, we've modified workspaces and schedules to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and, most importantly, protect the health of our employees.
- Shred Day events scheduled for the Saturdays in April and May are postponed and will be rescheduled in the future.
UNION Savings BANK offers a full complement of online and mobile banking services, available 24/7 for customers to make transfers, balance inquiries, loan payments, and more. In addition, you can use your debit card to make purchases or to withdraw cash at an ATM.
If you have been impacted financially from the COVID-19 pandemic, please reach out to us as soon as possible so that we can discuss your situation and work together to find the best solution.
- May 28, 2020 update: Our lobby will remain closed through June 14, 2020.
- June 29, 2020 update: Our lobbies will remain closed at this time. A future announcement will provide details of our plan to reopen in regular person services. Appointments are available for new account or loans, and our drive through remains open regular hours for transaction services.
- December 31 2020 update: When will I receive my Stimulus Check?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of payments.
Payments will be distributed Monday, January 4, 2021.
Payments will be deposited for most using the bank account used to receive a tax refund or Social
If no bank account is available to the IRS, a paper check will be sent to the address the IRS has on
file for that individual.
The IRS has a convenient online tool to check the status of your payment at